Padma Lakshmi : I was raped at 16

Padma Lakshmi : I was raped at 16Padma Lakshmi, American TV personality, author, actor, and model, revealed, “I was assaulted for the first time when I was 7 years old and I was raped when I was 16 years old.“ Her shocking revelation comes in the backdrop of the sexual assault accusations made against Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

Padma Lakshmi wrote on her Twitter, “I wrote an Op-Ed for nytimes about something terrible that happened to me in my youth, something that happens to young women every day. We all have an opportunity to change the narrative and believe survivors.”

 The popular chef Padma Lakshmi said, “I dated a 23-year-old “charming and handsome” college student when I was 16 and I met him at the Puente Hills Mall in a Los Angeles Suburb.  He worked at a high-end men’s store in Los Angeles. He would flirt with me. On the eve of New Year, just a few months after we first started dating, he sexually assaulted me while i was asleep.”

Padma Lakshmi also revealed another incident which occurred when she was 7 years old. She said that a relative of her step father  touched her inappropriately  and put her hand on his p*nis. When she informed about this to her parents they sent her to India to live with her grandparents.  She further said, “It took me decades to talk about this with intimate partners and a therapist.”

 Padma Lakshmi says that I have a daughter now, who is 8 years old. I said to her, “If anybody touches you in your private parts or makes you feel uncomfortable, you yell loud. Nobody is allowed to put their hands on you. Your body is only yours.”

 She added, “We should fight for this so that our daughters never know this fear and the shame and our sons know that the bodies of girls do not exist for their pleasure.”,



from topstories – Tollywood https://ift.tt/2IePDnD

No comments:

Post a Comment

Kajal Aggarwal connection with Muthayya 

Kajal Aggarwal connection with Muthayya Kajal Aggarwal unveils the poster of debut director Bhaskar Maurya’s Telugu film  Muthayya. The...

Popular posts